Meet the Expert
Principal, Alice Nagle Communications
- More than 20 years experience working in corporate communications, including 10 years with AT&T, 12 years with Cisco, and, most recently, as a consultant advising senior executives in high tech, from startups to Fortune 100 companies.
- Areas of expertise include coaching senior leaders on brand and executive presence, communications strategy, strategic messaging, presentation development and public speaking.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring includes co-authoring a book with career advice for young women to be published Fall 2014.
- With a Master's degree in journalism from Northwestern University, emphasizes simple, clear communications to achieve greater impact.
Session Packages from $400
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Risks & Opportunities
RisksExecutives who fail to develop effective communications strategies and skills risk the following:
- You will fail to inspire your stakeholders and bring them along with you whatever your vision and business objectives are.
- You will fail to engage your employees. If they're not engaged, they won't be as productive and they're at higher risk of leaving the company – there's a retention risk.
- You will fall short of your potential to be an influential leader and an industry thought leader.
- You will lose an opportunity to measure the impact you have because you won't be able to gather metrics on your communications.
OpportunitiesExecutives who are successful in communications strategies and skills have the following opportunities:
- You can become a more inspiring, influential, impactful leader.
- You can become a thought leader who can promote the key stories that enhance your brand.
- You can engage and inspire employees, a necessary ingredient for achieving business goals.
- You can leverage the fact that clear communications leads to efficiency, productivity and engagement.
Executive Communications - Strategies for Connecting Internally with your Employees: Risks & Opportunities