- Senior executive solution sales for largest global IT services consultancy (TCS)
- Onsite and off-shore based IT, BPS and Product Engineering Services sales, outsourcing and technical products / projects to Hi Tech (ISVs, Semiconductor, Electronics), Telecommunications and Professional Services (Accounting Consulting, Staffing) Industries.
- Head of Sales for Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS)
- EVP Engineering and Operations for RNI, a NASDAQ-listed, wireless fuel management and credit card authorization terminal system
- Patent holder: Portable Communications Device. US Patent 5,884,156, May 16, 1999
- All 10 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Managing and Executing Solutions-Based Sales Campaigns
Risks & Opportunities
Companies that do not practice solution-based sales, or do it poorly, risk:
- Gravitating toward a staff augmentation/“body shopping” business model, which can hinder growth in the long term.
- Missing opportunities to develop solutions and engage customers on emerging technologies.
- Competing poorly in winning and locking in new customers.
- Rising expenses related to customer acquisition and maintenance.
- Harming effectiveness and follow-through, because of an inability to navigate cultural differences when using off-shore resources.
- Losing focus on sales efforts.
- Disconnecting sales efforts from larger corporate goals.
For companies that practice solutions-based sales, the opportunities include:
- Improving sales team effectiveness.
- Improving profitability by developing high-margin services packages that meet common needs among clients.
- Recruiting new customers more efficiently.
- Developing profitable, long-term relationships with customers.
- Unlocking new revenue streams as new technologies develop.
- Maintaining control of sales expenses in relation to revenue.
- Improving effectiveness of sales and delivery.
- Improving the focus, and, thus, results of the sales team.
- Aligning sales efforts with corporate goals.