A company in a time of rapid growth would seem to have little to worry about. But in reality, rapid growth can be just as challenging as a time of technological disruption or a time of increased competition in your industry.
No organization can be prepared for everything. But if you bring to these transitions some concepts about how to communicate, how to build a sound, sustainable, thriving culture and how to design your organization, you can navigate this. Organizations that have the capacity to change quickly and to adapt and adjust are going to thrive.
- 25 years in HR for networks, entertainment, and Internet, retail, insurance, semiconductor sectors.
- VP HR for LinkedIn, Electronic Arts, PMC Sierra and Cisco.
- Led WW HR efforts on more than 60 M&A transactions in publicly traded global organizations.
- Work with individuals and organizations experiencing rapid growth and change
- Guidance on numerous subjects including: establishing a great culture, recruiting and building awesome teams, developing an employer brand, leadership and management fundamentals, and innovative recruiting strategies
- Keynote speaker on: the future of recruiting, the future of talent, building a high performing organization, building an amazing culture while growing at hyper speed, employer brand, the realities of being a leader in the new "social" world, and world class M&A integration
- Led all HR activities before and through the IPO that took place in May 2011 and post IPO have kept retention of top talent extremely high
- Built a talent organization focused on high quality service and creating strategic advantage for the business
- Grew total employee base from 400 to 3000 in 3 years
- Grew the Talent organization from 3 people based in the US to over 125 global talent professionals
- Led HR for Games Label Division, 2,500 staff & $2B in Revenue.
- Managed a team of 20 HR Generalists covering 14 diverse studios located across the US, Canada and Europe
- Responsible for the WW HR Function for 1,250-person organization (Nasdaq: PMCS).
- Led the integration of two acquisitions: one in Santa Clara, US; and one in Herzliya Israel. Combined, these acquisitions brought 320 new employees to the company and made PMC-Sierra the #1 player in two key segments.
- Built the foundation for PMC’s first Design Center in India – putting in place the necessary policies and practices to hire talented SW and HW designers. Within a year the site grew from 0 to 40 engineers and within two years the site grew beyond 100. Due to some strategic job design decisions turnover was extremely low compared to market norm.
- Revitalized company training and development programs. Took PMC University from a training clearinghouse and turned it into an effective development portal focused especially deep in management fundamentals and core leadership skills.
- Led the HR Function for Cisco’s Asia-Pacific business: 13 countries, 2,000 regular employees, 1,500 contingent workers, and $7M Budget.
- As Director of HR Integration, led HR management in all acquisition integrations and divestments. Staffed and built superior team of 21 individuals dedicated to HR integration.
- Advisory Board - Simppler
- Advisor - Eventbrite
- Advisory Board - QuickMobile
- Advisory Board - PearlHPS
- Advisory Board - Gild
- Advisory Board - Slate Advisors
- Advisory Board - Nomaders.com