- Principal - Butterfield Speaks - communication, presentation, and media training
- Stand above the crowd and manage stressful episodes with persuasive business communications, compelling strategic messages, dynamic presentations, and media savvy
- Product launches, funding pitches, financial presentations, thought leadership speeches, IPO roadshows, book tours, and courtroom testimony
- Corporate clients include: Microsoft; Gartner; Clif Bar; EBay; CNET; Infospace; Genentech, Bayer Corporation, VISA, Charles Schwab
- Healthcare clients include: Kaiser Permanente; Tenet Healthcare; The Cleveland Clinic
- Legal clients include: Fenwick & West; Sidley Austin; Jones Day
- All 9 Best Practices
- Pre-Meeting Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Meeting Summary Report
- Post-Meeting Engagement
Strategic Messaging - Storytelling
The telling of a story from one discipline or walk of life designed to inform or transfer a message to another. Analogy is an inference or argument from one particular (example, sports) to another (example business),
A brief account or story designed to prove a point.
- Aspirational Story/Futurecasting
A story told from the future that brings specificity to a vision. Told as a day in the life or through a future newspaper headline, the future cast is designed to inspire teams to action.
- Cautionary Tale
A "train wreck" or "burning platform" story full of missteps and poor execution that creates urgency for change.
- Hero Story
An optimistic and hopeful story of successful behaviors that prove the value of a behavior or strategy. Designed to celebrate and reinforce positive behaviors.
A story structure that begins with strong conclusion and then narrates three pieces of evidence and a compelling "so what" or call to action.
- Story Room
A repository for stories. The Story Room is where corporate or product stories are kept for reference. They may be written, oral or video stories. Advanced story cultures capture and maintain Story Rooms and offer easy access for those wishing to find a story to use to compel or sell.