Reprinted from TrustedPeer
Meet the Expert
- Award winning journalist with nearly 30 years experience in radio and television
- A CNN correspondent for 18 years, covering top stories in domestic and world news
- Media trainer top business leaders and celebrities
- Clients have included: Ocean Conservancy, the Bertelsmann Foundation, Patricia Harrison - President of the Corporation of Public Broadcasting; Miriam Rivera - former VP Google; Heidi Roizen -TiVo Board of Directors; Brad Feld - Author/Venture capitalist;
Session Packages from $400
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
- Google Hangouts
- Google video, chat and messaging platform that includes video chats for up to 10 people. Also includes live video conversation broadcasts that anyone can view. Hangouts are accessible via computers and Android and iOS mobile devices.
- Holding statement
- Press statement a company or organization can release right away when a media crisis hits. It demonstrates that the company is on top of the situation and taking action. It allows a company to get something out to the public right away while it pursues more details on an evolving situation.
- Media training
- Program to train executives and managers about how the media business operates, how to generate positive media coverage and how to handle interviews.
- New-media journalists
- Bloggers and other nontraditional journalists who write purely for online publications. Blogs typically are more personal than traditional news stories and heavy on opinion. The authors often don't observe the rules of traditional journalism, such as showing all sides of a story.
- News cycle
- The schedule on which news organizations report and publish content. It can range to daily for newspapers to every few hours for television stations and continuously for cable television. The cycle also refers to peak and off-peak times for news – midweek versus Monday and weekends, for example.
- Social media
- Digital networks, including Twitter and Facebook, that allow people to share information, photos, videos and music within communities that users define.
Media Training: Defined Terms