Meet the Expert
Principal and Partner, Helicon Collaborative
- Management consultant with 20 years working with nonprofit cultural organizations and foundations on strategy, program development and assessment.
- Program director for the arts at the James Irvine Foundation, commissioned groundbreaking research on cultural engagement and initiated innovative programs to boost cultural participation.
- Developed and managed the Knight Foundation's "Community Partners in Arts Access" program.
- Managed the Ford Foundation's $40 million "New Directions/New Donors for the Arts."
- Leadership positions at the James Irvine Foundation, TCC Group, Nonprofit Finance Fund and Lila Wallace-Reader’s Digest Fund. Conceived and launched funding initiatives in multiple areas, commissioned research, and conducted assessments of complex programs as well as individual organizations.
Session Packages from $500
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
- Capacity building
- The process of seeking new, effective strategies for helping a nonprofit to deliver on its mission. It is fundamentally about strategic change and is necessary investment in an organization's long-term sustainability.
- The individuals and groups that are affected by and engaged by your organization's programming or might be in the future. Also sometimes called the target population.
- Holistic assessment
- A holistic assessment is simply a comprehensive look at your whole organization -- all of its component parts so one can get the "marco" view of your organization.
- Nonprofit organization
- A not-for-profit organization is one that holds the IRS tax designation of 501(c)3 or 503(b), and is tax exempt because its mission and purpose is to work for the public good.
- Operationalize means to put into operation or use. We use it to mean actually implementing the theoretical ideas or material you develop when conducting any planning for your nonprofit organization.
Nonprofit Organizational Change and Development: Defined Terms