Meet the Expert
President, Mohr World Consulting
- 20 years experience in the money transfer and remittance business, both in Latin America and in the US.
- Since 2001, consultant for Companies and Banks on Money Transfer issues in Latin America, USA, Spain and the United Kingdom. He routinely gives lectures and seminars on subjects related to money transfer, remittances and financial inclusion.
- Since 2010, Director of IMTC Conferences, developing Conferences, Seminars, Trade Fairs on International Money Transfers, such as IMTC Miami, IMTC West, IMTC Mexico & IMTC Brasil.
- Specialties: Market Development, Strategic Advice, Mergers & Acquisitions
Session Packages from $400
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
- A common pathway between a country where the money-transfer originates and the country where it is sent. For example, the corridor between the USA and Mexico is a busy pathway. The World Bank established the first database of remittance prices in September of 2008. It contains data on sending and receiving remittances for over 200 corridors. These corridors include transfers from 32 major sending countries to 89 receiving countries. These corridors comprise more than 60 percent of the total remittances to developing countries.
- Mobile banking
- Mobile banking allows users to conduct transactions, usually through a financial services firm, from his or her mobile phone or other mobile device.
- Remittance describes transfers of funds from a sending to a receiving country. These are often in the form of migrant workers sending money to relatives or friends back home.
- Acronym for "remittance service providers"
- Unbanked or non-banked population
- This population consists of adults who do not have a bank account. They may make use of alternative financial services.
Strategic Growth for Money Transfer Companies - Developing New Products Through Partnering: Defined Terms