Meet Our Team
TrustedPeer Editor, TrustedPeer, Inc.
- Freelance writer, editor, producer and researcher whose wide-ranging credits include the San Francisco Chronicle, PBS Frontline, CNN and Salon.
- Recipient of the Clay Felker Award for Excellence in Magazine Writing for "Love in the Age of Silicone" (Salon.com)
- Author of The Little Book of Heartbreak: Love Gone Wrong Through the Ages (Plume/Penguin, Jan 2013)
Owner, Elaine Symanski Communications
- Editorial director/chief editor/columnist for a group of international business-to-business newspapers, magazines and annual editions.
- Senior-level communications manager with master's degree in business and extensive experience in strategic planning, executive communications, employee communications, speechwriting, script writing, Web site development, new and social media, budgeting, project management, product launches and staff supervision and development.
- Executive editor of Notions+ Our Curious Culture of Consumption, an app for the iPad featuring essays, video, art, music and user interactions.
- Recipient of four Bronze Quill awards from International Association of Business Communicators for communications management in employee health care communications. Named Gold Quill finalist for health care communications in the category of Issues Management and Crisis Communications.
- Recipient of two Silver Quill Awards from the Southern Region of International Association of Business Communicators for a comprehensive communications plan for employee health care enrollment, including social media components.
Tech Blogger, The Huffington Post
- More than 40 years of experience as an editor for several newspapers and online publications.
- More than 20 years of experience covering shipping, world trade and risk management and liability insurance issues.
- Worked with many foreign dignitaries and consulates on special sections covering shipping and trade in their countries including China, Russia and other countries throughout South America, Europe and Asia.
- Write a blog covering "tech" consumer items including computers (and peripherals), electronics and audio equipment.
- Ran newsrooms for two daily newspapers, which included editing, fact checking and layout of publications.
TrustedPeer Editor, TrustedPeer, Inc.
- 40-plus years as a journalist, writer, food critic and communications specialist, including 34 years at The Dallas Morning News.
- Public education director for the ACLU of Texas
- Contributing editor for Modern Luxury Magazine in Houston and Dallas
- Executive director of the Greater Dallas Restaurant Association
- Authority on Texas cuisine and author of The Texas Holiday Cookbook, 2nd Edition, (Taylor Trade Publishing, Oct 2013)
Chief Executive Officer (CEO), TrustedPeer, Inc.
- Founder and CEO of TrustedPeer
- 30 years professional experience in Internet infrastructure services, telecommunications, business applications, and healthcare applications
- CEO, COO, and CFO for seven technology companies resulting in five acquisitions
- Director of Finance and on IPO Team for Electronic Arts
- SEAL Team 2 - BUD/S Class 99
Writer, David Vermette Consulting
- 25 years working with businesses, non-profit organizations, consulting firms, and academics
- Writes articles, reports, copy, white papers, and presentations, and has managed research studies from beginning to end
- Contributed to research published by Oxford University Press, and covered by the Wall Street Journal and the Harvard Business Review
TrustedPeer Editor, TrustedPeer, Inc.
- 29 years experience as a business and technical writer, covering topics ranging from the food industry, information technology and healthcare to energy production, financial services and automotive parts/service.
- Specialties include food production, processing and marketing; professional audio/visual technology and industry.
- Senior writer for Vance Publishing, an industry-leading B2B international weekly newspaper; covered the fresh fruit and vegetable production industry for The Packer, a weekly trade journal.
- 2010 winner of American Society of Business Publication Editors' Stephen Barr Award and American Business Media's Jessie H. Neal Award.
Director of Communications and Public Relations, NYCP
- Journalist and public relations executive with extensive international experience in education, science, business and healthcare news.
- Two decades as a staff member of the Boston Globe, Dallas Morning News, Miami Herald and US News & World Report
- 1994 Pulitzer Prize for International Reporting for a series about violence against women around the world while at Dallas Morning News
- 1990 Pulitzer finalist in Explanatory Journalism for Hidden Wars, a look at conflicts in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
- Freelance articles have appeared in Vanity Fair, GQ magazine, and the New York Times
Director of Community Relations, Kitsap Regional Library
- Professional journalist for 33 years working at daily newspapers with the E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) and Copley Press.
- Masters degree in economics from the University of Illinois.
- Managing editor and director of content development for daily newspaper covering the Kitsap Peninsula of Washington State.
- 20 years experience in newspaper management also included years as a city editor, features editor, opinion page editor. Thirteen years as a reporter covering state government and politics, education and police.
Owner, Gordon Billingsley Consulting
- Writer and editor with 36-plus years experience.
- International, national, regional and state awards for investigative reporting, business writing and editorial writing. U.S. Agriculture Writer of the Year and Best U.S. Farm Columnist.
- Editorial director of Vance Publishing Company, leading a converged newsroom in the production of a B2B international weekly newspaper, three magazines and a Web site.
- Developer of international magazines and websites for PRIMEDIA (now Penton), a $1.7-billion publisher of consumer and business magazines.
- Digital media consultant, assisting newspapers and other businesses in developing effective, aggressive products in digital and print media..
Writer, Director, Producer, Boathouse Productions
- Writer, director, producer of award-winning feature films, television commercials and high-end corporate films.
- National marketing manager and advertising executive for The Wall Street Journal.
- Three decades in business communications, B2B sales, marketing, management, fundraising and promotion.
Vice President of Publishing, TrustedPeer, Inc.
- Editor-in-chief of three daily newspapers for The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP). The company's portfolio of media properties included 19 television stations comprising 10 ABC affiliated stations, 3 NBC affiliated stations, 1 independent station, and 5 Azteca affiliated stations; daily and community newspapers in 13 markets; Scripps Howard News Service; and United Media.
- 38 years experience in newspaper journalism, including leadership roles in newsrooms in Tennessee, Puerto Rico, New Mexico and Washington State.
Assistant Managing Editor, The Huffington Post
- Editor at Huff/Post50
- AOL's Montclair Patch editor
- Foreign correspondent for the Cox Newspaper chain both in Europe and Latin America
- Written for "The New York Times," "USA Today," "Fortune," "The Wall Street Journal," "The Times of London," and "The Christian Science Monitor."
- Launched one of the first blogs for "The International Herald Tribune," a real estate blog called Raising the Roof
- Served as the consumer affairs expert at the "Atlanta Journal-Constitution"
Writer, The Globe and Mail
- Financial writer specializing in investments, accounting and finance, executive compensation, corporate governance and public pensions.
- Winner of nine national business journalism awards from the Society of American Business Editors and Writers (SABEW) – as an individual or as member of a team.
- Passed the Level I exam of the Chartered Financial Analyst program in December 2007
- Board member and treasurer of three nonprofit organizations, including the Denver Press Club, one of the nation's oldest. Led turnaround of nearly-insolvent press club by refinancing bank loan, settling past-due obligations and cutting costs to return organization to positive cash flow. It remains in business today.
President, Dixit Corporation
- Independent business writer / corporate copywriter for the past 15 years, partnering primarily with global French companies and their international staff members and clients
- Specializing in B2B and B2C communication for both on-line and off-line material – newsletters, company magazines for employees and customers, brochures, annual reports, press releases, Web content
- Energy and Industry clients: Areva, General Electric, Nexans, Valeo, FCI, Airbus, EDF, Schneider Electric
- Services clients: Allianz Global Assistance, Mondial Assistance, Abbey National, Accor Group
- Consumer Goods clients: Nestle Waters, Coty Prestige Inc., McCormick, Selective Beauty, Wrigley, Antalis
- Telecom clients: Orange, France Telecom Mobile Satellite Communications